Last revision: 2019.01.10
Since the establishment of IOS, the Research Groups have been organized to facilitate the cooperation and collaboration between research fellows. In response to the advices regarding the Institute's strategies for future development by Evaluation Committee in 2008, a proposal for replacing the 'Research Group' by ‘Thematic Research Team’ to reinforce its original function was drawn. Consequently, in November, 2009, the operational guidelines for 'Thematic Research Team' were drafted, and came into effect in January 2010.
The objectives of 'Thematic Research Team' include:
- To deepen the research with excellence and to expand the potential or newly developed research topics.
- To promote the collaboration between IOS research fellows and the dynamics of collective research.
- To combine with the research capacity from sociological academics outside the IOS and to lead the new direction of sociological research.
To realize the above objectives, the operational guidelines of 'Thematic Research Team' are:
- Each 'Thematic Research Teams' have at least two Research Fellows from IOS, and it can also invite scholars from other institutes within or outside Academia Sinica.
- Each 'Thematic Research Team' has a chair to be elected among team members.
- The term for 'Thematic Research Team' is 2 to 3 years and may be extended if necessary.
To date, IOS has seven 'Thematic Research Teams', including:
*「Ethnicity, Nation and Modern States TRT」had already completed its periodical mission in July, 2015.
Family and Life Course
Coordinator: Chin-chun Yi
Members: Yu-hua Chen, Chin-fen Chang, Chi Chiao, Yen-hsin Alice Cheng, Wan-chi Chen, Yi-fu Chen, Yi-lin Chiang, Gang-hua Fan, Fung-mey Huang, Chen-lan Kuo, Lang-wen Huang, Li-chung Hu, Yuh-huey Jou, Wen-hsu Lin, Ju-ping Lin, Chia-hua Liu, Kuo-hsun Ma, Yi-ping Shih, Tsui-o Tai, Ming-yeh Wu, Wen-shan Yang
Society and Business
Coordinator: Thung-hong Lin
Members: Shu-ting Chan, Chin-fen Chang, Dung-sheng Chen, Tsung-Yuan Chen, Chih-peng Cheng, Jian-bang Deng, Ray-may Hsung, Michelle Fei-yu Hsieh, Bo-wei Hu, Momoko Kawakami, Zong-rong Lee, Ting-Syuan Lin, Yen-hsin Alice Cheng, Li-hsuan Cheng, Ming-sho Ho, Hsi-mei Chung, Jeng Liu, Kuo-hsien Su, Mayumi Tabata
China Impact Studies
Coordinator: Chih-jou Jay Chen
Members: Mau-kuei Chang, Jaw-nian Huang, Szu-chien Hsu, Mei Liao, Thung-hong Lin, Shiau-chi Shen, Jieh-min Wu, Nai-teh Wu
Coordinator: Yang-chih Fu
Members: Yen-sheng Chiang, Zong-rong Lee, Chyi-in Wu
Asian Social Transformation in Comparative Perspective
Coordinator: Mau-kuei Chang
Members: Li-Hsuan Cheng, Yu-bin Chiu, Ming-sho Ho, H. H. Michael Hsiao, Paul Jobin, Yen-fen Tseng, Fu-chang Wang, Hong-zen Wang, Jieh-min Wu, Alan H. Yang
Historical Evolution of World Society – Formation of Multiple Modernities
Coordinator: Chih-chieh Tang
Members: TB Cheng, Wei-hsian Chi, Michelle Fei-yu Hsieh, Feng-tsan Lin, Wen-kai Lin, Shuo-bin Su, Po-fang Tsai, Hong-chang Wu
Coordinator: Wei-hsian Chi
Members: Ying-hwa Chang, Yen-sheng Chiang, Hua-mei Chiu, Yang-chih Fu, Chuan-wei Hsia, Paul Jobin, Wei-ming Luh, Gwo-shyong Shieh, Yuk-ying Tung, Chin-shou Wang, Hui-ching Weng, Yu-feng Wong, Chyi-in Wu, Ko-hua Yap